My People’s Market is designed and supported by Travel Portland and Prosper Portland. The market grew from the desire to create pathways for entrepreneurs of color to connect with the travel industry and new market opportunities. After several smaller events the need became clear for a larger market that celebrates businesses, community, and culture. My People’s Market is the marketplace re-imagined a gathering of Portland’s diverse and vibrant entrepreneurs, makers, artists, culinary wizards, and beverage crafters.
Join us in celebrating business, community, and culture. Apply to be a vendor at My People's Market. There is a $5.00 non-refundable application fee. Please note that APPLYING FOR THE MARKET DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU A SPOT IN THE MARKET.
- Add your business to the Mercatus Directory. Mercatus is a business directory for entrepreneurs of color that provides a platform for storytelling, pathways to new market opportunities, and access to signature events such as My People’s Market.
- Submit your application for My People's Market before Friday, May 4. If you are interested in performing at the market or providing support services let us know! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure your business has a Facebook business page. Being a vendor at My People's Market is an opportunity to get your business exposure and gain new clients. The My People's Market team will use Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to promote the event and your business. Don't miss out on this opportunity, make sure your business has a Facebook business page. If you need help you can reach out to any of the organizations in the Inclusive Business Resource Network.
- Need business support? Find free business support with the Inclusive Business Resource Network
Applications for the June market are closed.
- May 9: Applications close for June - My People's Market
- May 10: Accepted vendors notified
- May 11: Complete list of vendors for the June My People's Market will be available soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the market?
My People's Market will be help twice in 2018. The first market is June 30, 12 pm - 8 pm. The winter market date has not been finalized but will likely be November.
When will I know if I have been selected for the market?
If you are selected for the market you will be notified on May 10th via the email you provided on the application, as well as listed on Mercatuspdx.com/mypeoplesmarket.
How much are table fees for the market?
The table fees for the June market will range between $50 - $75 depending on the size of the space you desire. Scholarships may be available.
Where is the market going to be held?
My People's Market is at Rose Quarter Commons. Weather permitting the market will be outside but we have a back up plan in case of rain. However it is recommended that you have a tent at the event.
I am service based business. Can I still be considered for the market?
Based on previous experience businesses that are most successful in the market are those that sell food, beverage, or product. If you are a service-oriented business and feel like you would benefit from being at the market, let us know in the application.
I would like to sponsor the event are there ways for me to support My People's Market?
YES! My People's Market is currently looking for sponsors. Please email Amanda at email@example.com for details or you can find more information here: www.mercatuspdx.com/sponsor-mpm